Plant shutdown for major maintenance
The customer shut down its power plant to have major maintenance services performed on all of its equipment.
- Reduce Maintenance Spend
- Reduce Forced Outage Rate
- Power generation
- Operations and Maintenance
- Steam Turbines
The customer shut down its power plant to have major maintenance services performed on all of its equipment including: both GHH Borsig and Nuovo Pignone steam turbines and compressors.
- In 40 days, EthosEnergy executed a major maintenance program for (4) steam turbines, (3) gear boxes & (8) centrifugal compressors
- Auxiliary equipment: (11) pumps, (44) electrical motors, (4) trip valves
- The main work performed on these units was disassembly, inspection & reassembly
- The scope also included repair of bladecarriers from the steam turbine in EthosEnergy’s facility
The EthosEnergy Solution
In order to complete the schedule EthosEnergy started the steam turbine's disassembly in parallel, working 24 hours a day.
This action allowed the blade carriers to be quickly shipped out by plane to the repair facility.
The field activities to re-assemble all equipment were executed in parallel while EthosEnergy performed the repair of other components.
All units started properly with excellent vibration values and optimal parameters. Other key highlights of the project are:
Full factory maintenance
Adhered to the customer's schedule
Approval of service by customer's own TFA
Find out more
Operations and Maintenance
Comprehensive third-party facility operations and maintenance services for power generation facilities.
Increase reliability and efficiency on your steam turbines. Industry-leading engineered solutions and turnkey support for both planned and unplanned maintenance.