EthosEnergy includes all members of the EthosEnergy Group of companies, including all of our subsidiaries and ultimate parent companies
Information that We Collect from You
When you visit and use the Site you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal data, or personal information about yourself via various interactive features e.g. completing registrations, submitting enquiries or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. We may also automatically collect information about your usage of our website as part of our normal operations. This information may include your user identification and passwords, internet domain or IP address. Additionally, we may collect information about you from emails or letters you send to us.
Use of Your Information
We will only use the personal data that we collect from you for the purposes set out in this policy or for the purposes explained to you at the time we collect your personal data. If we would like to use your personal data for a purpose other than that for which it was provided we will request your consent in advance.
We will use your personal information for the following:
- To enable us to provide you with the information, services or materials you have requested;
- To provide you with information about goods and services which are similar to those you have already purchased from us or enquired about, where you have consented to this;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To contact you when necessary concerning any requests you have submitted;
- To manage our website and internal processes; and
- We may use and analyze the information to allow us to administer, support, improve and develop our services to you.
Our Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
We will only process your personal information in line with data protection law. Our legal basis for processing your personal information will depend upon the personal information concerned and the specific circumstances in which it was collected by us. We may process your personal data if:
- We have your consent to do so; or
- Processing is necessary for us to carry out our contractual obligations; or
- Processing is required is required by law and we are under a legal obligation; or
- We require your information to pursue our legitimate interests. Generally, the legitimate interest pursued by us will relate to the operation of our business, including the efficient performance and management of the services provided to you through the Site.
Disclosure of Your Information
We will not pass your information to anyone outside EthosEnergy without your permission, unless required to do so by law.
Data that we collect from you may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) where required for amongst other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
In some countries outside the EEA the data privacy laws may not provide the same level of protection as those in the EEA. However, we will ensure that if your personal data is being transferred outside the EEA, appropriate safeguards are taken in order to protect your information .
Security and Data Retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorized persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Unfortunately the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site.
We will only retain your information if we have a legitimate business need to do so. Unless stated otherwise at the time of collection, we erase your personal data if it is no longer required (i) for the purposes for which it was collected or (ii) to comply with our legal obligations.
Your Rights in Connection with Your Personal Information
Under data privacy laws you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your personal data when it is no longer required for the purpose which it was collected. Note, however that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons. Where this is the case it will be notified to you at the time of your request
- Object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend processing if you contest the accuracy of the data or the lawfulness of the processing
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party
- Withdraw consent to processing at any time. However this will not affect any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw consent, EthosEnergy may only process your data where there is another legal ground to do so
- Make a complaint at any time, about how we collect or use your data, to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (ico.org.uk/concerns). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance, contact details are provided below
If you wish to exercise any of your rights or would like further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to EthosEnergy Group Ltd, Ethos House, Craigshaw Business Park, Craigshaw Road, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB12 3QH UK or email email@example.com