Houston - Service Shop
Our EthosEnergy Houston Service Shop specializes in maintenance, repair, and overhaul of steam turbines, centrifugal compressors, and heavy industrial gas turbines.
- Houston, TX, USA
- Gas turbines
- Manufacturing & Fabrication
- Repair & Overhaul
- Steam turbines
Our 140,000 sq. ft. Houston Service Shop offers a wide range of specialties including steam turbine unit overhauls and component repairs, rotor welding, steam turbine rotor manufacturing, low and high-speed rotor balancing, centrifugal compressor overhauls, gas turbine rotor overhauls, and rotating and stationary component repair.
Advanced technologies for turbine repairs
Proactive outage planning
OEM level process controls
Shop and onsite component repairs
Engineered solutions for rotor repair instead of replacement
140,000 square feet of manufacturing capacity
Six bays in the production area, one bay 60 ft high
Each bay has a bridge crane ranging from 10 to 100 ton
Climate controlled rotor storage facility (5,700 sq. ft.), vertical hanging
Operational speed balance bunker
Large grit blast booth
Steam turbine rotors
Steam turbine component repairs
Steam turbine stationaries and cases
Gas turbine rotor overhauls (GE Heavy-Duty Gas Turbines and Westinghouse)
Gas turbine compressor diaphragms (Westinghouse)
On-site capabilities including rotating and stationary components, seals, and casing
WATCH: Our Houston Shop
Step inside our facility to see our advanced people, tooling, and machinery in action!
Steam Turbine Repair Services
- Over 5,000 rotor weld repairs
- Over 100 rotors straightened through proprietary process
- Over 5,000 rotating element repairs
- Over 1,000 steam turbine wheel replacements
Gas Turbine Services
- Gas turbine rotor major inspections and overhauls
- OEM for Fiat and Mature Westinghouse Gas Turbines
- Parts manufacturing and component repair capabilities through our network of EthosEnergy facilities for GE heavy-duty gas turbines
- Inventory of new and certified used serviceable parts
Centrifugal and Axial Compressors
- Rotor inspection, repairs, advanced welding
- Diaphragm and stationary parts repair
- Low and high-speed balancing
- Reverse engineering of parts
- Field inspection, minor and major overhauls
- Troubleshooting and engineering support
Our operating speed balance bunker improves the reliability of rotating equipment by eliminating the residual imbalance in the rotor, diagnosing existing instabilities of the rotor/bearing system, evaluating the margin of safety, and
improving the rotor’s dynamic behavior.
- Over 5000 rotors anaylzed
- Maximum rotor weight: 50,000 lbs
- Maximum rotor length: 316 in
- Maximum rotor balancing/overspeed: 34,000 rpm
Learn more about our services
The largest independent service provider of gas turbine services across a wide range of heavy and light industrial frame types. We are the OEM for Fiat Avio and Mature Westinghouse fleet.
Increase reliability and efficiency on your steam turbines. Industry-leading engineered solutions and turnkey support for both planned and unplanned maintenance.
We can inspect, repair, reverse-engineer and re-build centrifugal, axial, and integrally geared compressors from any OEM.
We provide an extensive range of generator services from the manufacturing of stators and rotors to generator windings kits.
Our turbomachinery field services provide 24/7 availability, rapid mobilization and industry-leading safety performance.
Ready to unlock your rotating equipment potential?
Speak to one of our experts to learn more about our custom solutions tailored to meet your operational goals