Best-in-class diaphragm repairs to improve heat rate and output on your steam turbine
Diaphragms are a key component to the overall performance of your steam turbine, and the degradation of the diaphragms can have a big impact.
As little as a 5% deviation of total nozzle area can equate to a significant loss in both heat rate and output of your turbine. If diaphragms are not repaired during the outage, these losses will be not only maintained but increased throughout the next outage period.
Inspection and repair
Our comprehensive inspection and repair services include, but aren't limited to:
- Non-destructive testing
- Dimensional inspection of diaphragms
- Partition area check, and restoration with Inconel or 410SS
- Evaluation and repair of diaphragm dishing
- Restoration of steam face, sidewalls and setback face
- Joint and bolt hole repairs
- Restoration of packing and spill strip hook fit
- Spill strip and J strip replacement
- Upgrades and modifications, including customized SMART Seals™
- New and upgraded diaphragm manufacture
Proven solutions for steam turbines
A broad portfolio of work with real-life examples showing increased reliability, increased output, and industry leading quality.